Woodworking is perhaps the most fruitful type of skill to cultivate. The resulting product is not only useful for the crafter. If you manage to craft the most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell, you will have a quite lucrative income source.
There are plenty of projects to choose from. Of course, you options will be more varied if you have higher skill level. Let’s take a look at the following list.
Table Of Contents
Planter Box for Herb Garden
Rectangular planter box is one of the most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell for beginner level woodworker. You will need wood and fence boards that have been pressure treated with wood preserver. You need deck screws in 1 5/8 and 2 1/2 inches to assemble this planter. For the planting system, you need rock for drainage and fertile soil.
- The first thing to do is cutting the fence board into four 3-feet pieces.
- After that, you need to prepare the legs by making four 14-inches legs.
- The legs are then screwed to the sides.
- Once that is done, you only need to cut the end pieces, inside rails, and braces.
- For the drainage, you have to drill holes at the bottom.
Among the most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell, you will always find wooden chest. This chest requires four pieces of 1-inch hardwood and two pieces of plywood for the body. Hasp and a pair of hinges must be prepared as well. Eight wood screws in 1 5/8 inches and equal number of felt pads are used for the assembly. You also need lid support.
- First, you need to prepare the boards by straightening the rough edges and gluing them together.
- After the glue has dried, the panel must be cut to intended size (12 inches).
- The box joints and chest’s legs can finally be prepared.
- The next step is to assemble the pieces and finishing (which includes hardware installation).
This woodworking item is quite popular nowadays since people want to entertain themselves while enjoying good bath. You need a piece of hardwood (such as oak and cedar) that is slightly longer than the width of standard bathtub. Grippers are also required to ensure that the tray will stay in place during usage. You can add extra wood for gadget stand.
- The wood needs to be cut to appropriate size and then sanded to remove rough edges.
- Make some dips to place your gadgets and even aromatic candles on the tray.
- After that, create two small legs and glue them underneath the tray.
- Rubber grippers are then installed horizontally to the tray board for extra security.
- You can finally add your chosen finishing.
Floating Shelves at the Corner
It is in the list of most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell, particularly within the urban living segment. To prepare this shelving unit, you will need two pieces of kiln dried hardwood and a piece of plywood. Several 1 1/4 inches screws and heavy duty fasteners are used for the assembly step. You also need wood glue and spackle.
- The first step is creating nine cuts of varying size from the hardwood and eight cuts from the plywood. Your measurement must be accurate.
- After that, the pieces (particularly the visible ones) must be sanded.
- The assembly process is then done following your initial diagram.
- Fasten and glue the wooden pieces into their designated spots.
Wall Mounted Wine Bottle and Glass Holder
This piece is surely one of the most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell. Everybody would love space-saving furniture to store their wine. You need three pieces of long construction grade lumber board. Four pieces each of 1 1/2 and 3 inches wood screws for the assembly. A box of 2 inches nails must be prepared as well as wood glue.
- The boards must be cut into eleven pieces with varying length and thickness.
- After that, you can make rounded edges on three of the cut boards.
- Once that is done, you can start making holes for the wine glasses.
- After that, the wine rack can be assembled using screws nails, and glue.
- The two pieces are then merged together before being installed on to the wall.
Organic Outdoor Bench
You will be excited to work on this simple project, because it does not require much to assemble yet the result is very rewarding. For materials, you need to get two pieces of lumber board. Pressure treated hardwood is preferred for this project, for better resilience. You also have to prepare eight pieces of 2 1/2 inches screws and additional fourteen in 3 1/2 inches.
- Make six cuts from your two lumber boards. Each cut must adhere to measurement in the diagram.
- Once the cuts have been made, you can finally assemble the bench. It is important to make sure that the seat is straight before you screw the pieces together.
- After that, the finishing layer can be applied to make it longer lasting.
Modern Sofa and Desk Combo
Multipurpose furniture is among the most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell these days. This sofa and desk combo will fit perfectly inside a small living room. You need 2×10 and three 2×4 lumber boards. In addition to that 3/4 inches thick plywood is also required. Foam based cushions and leather are also used for the upholstery.
- The first task is cutting the lumber boards into smaller pieces adhering to your diagram’s guideline.
- Once that task is done, you can finally assemble the pieces together.
- After that, the plywood needs to be cut into a size perfect for lumber fit.
- Then, the plywood is installed and screwed to strengthen the connection.
- Cushions and leather cover are then placed.
Wooden Dog Bed
If you want another simple example of most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell, this dog bed is pretty solid one. You will require pallet wood, a lumber piece and a board. Four 90º braces are also needed to support the pet’s weight. To assemble the bed, wood screws in 1 5/8 and 2 inches are important. Four caster wheels are equally essential.
The first task is cutting the lumber into four pieces (two pieces will have similar size) for the frame. Once the frame is assembled, the next task is to attach it onto pallet wood. You can install the caster wheels when the pallet board is already secured. The frame is then added to make dog bed’s parameter. Sanding and finishing becomes the next works to do.
Bathroom Organizer on Wood Pallet
This is one of most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell that is less popular despite its usability. To build the organizer, you only need few materials. The first one is a narrow wooden board with length that could fit your mason jars. And then, your project will require four small size mason jars. Four pipe clams in large size are also needed to secure the jars.
- First, you need to prepare your wooden board by sanding and applying finishing as you please. You can paint it to match your bathroom color.
- After that, four separate holes must be drilled to install the mason jars.
- You need to secure the pipe clams first.
- Fasten them around all the jars. They should fit snuggly.
Your garden must be sufficiently illuminated during the night. The sample of most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell here is a perfect option. You need two pieces of 2×2 lumbers and another one in 1×4 (they need to be 6 feet in length). For the assembly, the materials needed are wood screws in 2 1/4 inches and wood glue. Finishing product is optional.
- The first step is to cut the wood lumbers according to the plan.
- You need to assemble the bottom part first by stacking two boards of different size with four legs.
- After that, the tall cuts are installed around the four corners.
- Once that step is done, you can finally assemble the top part of lantern.
Study desk is without doubt one of most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell. The demand for it never ceases. This chic desk requires 24×48 plywood panels and one in 1×3. The thickness may range from 1/2 to 3/4 inch depending on your preference. For the assembly, you need 1 1/4 inches wood screws, 1 1/4 inches hole screws, and 1 1/4 finish nails. Wood glue is also needed.
- You can start the process by building the desk’s frame using 1×3 lumbers.
- The frame is then attached to the bottom side of your plywood panel.
- Provide space to divide the plywood.
- Once that is done, you can divide the upper panel into three sections.
- Add hinge to the two sections on the sides so the desk can be utilized fully.
Those are the most profitable woodworking projects to build and sell. If you are an aspiring wood-worker, you should continuously build your skills in order to create more complicated woodworking craft that will be valued higher in the market. As you see, with correct skills and preparation, you will be able to turn simple materials and tools into a lucrative project.