Basement bathroom ideas – A basement is such a versatile room in every house. You can store things and do many things inside it. No wonder many homeowners turn their finished basements into recreation room. Thus, they also install basement bathroom in case they are caught short. Here are some wonderful basement bathroom ideas that might suit you well.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Essential Points to Consider for Basement Bathroom
- 2 Basement Bathroom Design for the Comfort
- 3 Basement Bathroom Ideas – Modern Marvels
- 4 Crest Meadows House
- 5 The Pennock Family members House
- 6 Atlanta Basement Bathroom
- 7 Boston Beach Design Cellar Shower Room
- 8 Austin Modern Bathroom
- 9 Basement Day Spa Bathroom
- 10 Philadelphia – Girard Townhouse
- 11 Basement Bathroom Ideas : Ecologia Montreal
- 12 Finished Basement Malvern, West Chester
- 13 Basement Bathroom Ideas : Venice Canals
- 14 Guest Bath New Building
- 15 Armadale Project – Basement Bathroom & Laundry Room
- 16 Industrial Chic Basement
- 17 Basement Bathroom Ideas : Italian Cellar
- 18 Lodge – Contemporary Master Bathroom
- 19 Basement Bathroom Ideas : Lower Degree Resort
- 20 Metro Standard Bathroom – Traditional
- 21 Basement Bathroom Ideas : Tine Halseth Vuorma
- 22 Basement Bathroom Ideas : Toronto Cellar Bath
Essential Points to Consider for Basement Bathroom
Building basement bathroom is different from building the one you have in the ground floor. There are some crucial points that you need to take into your consideration before building one as basement is located underneath the ground and, for this reason, it should be treated with extra care.
This is the most crucial thing that you need to consider before building a bathroom in your basement ─ the location. The location determines the goods that you will need and the budget that you will spend. And don’t forget the drainage system.
If you choose the wrong location, building anew bathroom can be tricky and end up burning a hole in your pocket.
Hint: Try to locate the bathroom near the available plumbing and electrical wiring so that you won’t need to create the new plumbing and electrical systems. It willbe better if your new bathroom is located right under the existing one on the ground floor so that the utilities can hook up to it well and, of course, be more affordable.
The Bathroom and Toilet Types
First of all, look at the design. You need to figure out what kind of bathroom you will need to occupy a little space of your basement. Is it a full bathroom with either a bathtub or stand-up shower? Or a half-bath and a toilet and a sink?
You also need to consider the toilet that you are going to install. There are a number of choices ─pressure— assisted toilet, upflushing toilet, composting toilet, and sewage-ejector system.
Hint: If you avoid cleaning up the mess due to the spilled water coming out from a bathtub, you had better install a corner shower. An upflushing toilet may come in handy for your basement bathroom. But you had better purchase the one featuring macerating function that prevents clog by grinding waste.
Lighting and Ventilation Systems
Since we are dealing with a room underneath the ground which is prone to be damp and dark, a proper lighting and ventilation system should be taken into consideration.
Hint: You might want to install a high-power ventilation fan and a floor drain to eliminate damp. If your bathroom is right against an above ground exterior wall, you can avail yourself of the natural light by installing glass-block windows that allow the sunlight to come.
- The shower corner makes your bathroom stay clean and dry.
- Upflushing toilet enables you to install a toilet without breaking up the floors.
- Upflushing toilet is very useful if you don’t have underground drain lines.
- The bathroom is prone to be damp.
- Some upflushing toilets tend to have trouble with odor.
- The upflushing toilets with good macerating systems eliminate odor. But they are pricey.
Basement Bathroom Design for the Comfort
Bathroom is not just a place to refresh and invigorate our body. If we can turn it into a comfortable place to clean up, why not?
A comfortable bathroom entails sufficient space and good flow rate of air. Thus, your basement bathroom requires good ventilations for your ultimate comfort. If there is insufficient ventilation, you can consider purchasing an extractor fan.
In addition to sufficient space and ventilation, choosing the appropriate furniture and color can enhance the comfort to your bathroom.
Hint: If you have limited space for your bathroom, consider the smart storage systems such as repurposing spice racks to store toiletries and towels. Apply white combining with pastel colors for the clean and luxurious look.
- Your bathroom looks comfortable and luxurious.
- The furniture can be costly.
Basement Bathroom Ideas – Modern Marvels
Modern look with natural touch will make your basement bathroom look incredibly awesome. The combination of white interior walls and pale yellowish-white porcelain walls is just perfect.
Hint: Modern marvel look combines modern touch and soothing natural color. Use either cream or pearl black color for the drawers and soft colors for the walls.
- It gives a luxurious and minimalist touch which is suitable for limited space.
- It could burn a whole in your pocket.
Crest Meadows House
Exquisite yet unsophisticated look of the bathroom of Crest Meadows House might suit your new basement bathroom very well. The spacious andrelaxed ambience will definitely bring the ultimate comfort to your bathroom so that you will feel extremely invigorated after cleaning up.
Hint: To look more fabulous, you can use soft or pastel colors for the interior combining with an unsophisticated mirrors and faucets.
- The sufficient space enables you to move freely.
- The furniture can be a bit pricey.
The Pennock Family members House
Don’t have enough space for your basement bathroom? Don’t worry! There is always a trick to tackle this no-big-deal problem. With a limited space, you can still create your comfort. The wood planks are very economical yet attractive. And the galvanized steel has made a perfect add-on.
Hint: To make it more attractive without relinquishing the remaining space, you can make a DIY rack mounted against the wall or the cabinet’s sides to store toiletries or some flowers in a flower pots. Staining or varnishing the planks will make them look better.
- It is an affordable bathroom as you avail yourself of some used wood planks.
- The improper treatment to the galvanized steel can lead to dezincification.
Atlanta Basement Bathroom
Let your imagination do its magic trick. A nice comfy bathroom doesn’t have to be painted in white or pastel colors. Let’s play with vivid colors like yellow and red with black floor tiles and clear washroom.
Hint: Attach the pictures of some traffic symbols on the bathroom to accentuate its look and provide a thematic touch.
- A thematic bathroom is rather unique and fascinating.
- It could be arduous to build a thematic bathroom.
Boston Beach Design Cellar Shower Room
Are you keen on swimming and surfing on a beach? Why don’t you bring the beachy ambience right in your new basement bathroom?
Hint: Either a white, a grey, or a light brown will hit off with the beach pebbles.
- A shower room always comes in handy when it comes to a limited space.
- A unique touch of beach that suits your style well.
- This uniqueness could be a bit expensive.
Austin Modern Bathroom
Texas has been always synonymous with cowboys and old eclectic pieces denoting the chic vintage style. Now you can bring the classic of Texas in your basement bathroom.
Hint: Unstained wood planks or blocks and antique lamps will enhance the vintage yet modern look.
- It is a nice thematic bathroom.
- It can be less expensive.
- It can be pretty pricey if the furniture is all antiques.
Basement Day Spa Bathroom
Imagine the relaxed ambience in a spa. It is such a great way to indulge yourself. But you don’t have to go to a spa if you can bring it home.
Hint: to experience a real-spa like, you can place either a portable bench or a built-in one in the shower room. So you can indulge yourself with exfoliating or scrubbing your skin in a comfortable and private bench inside the shower room.
- The elegant style provides delighted and relaxing bath time.
- It might cost an arm and a leg.
Philadelphia – Girard Townhouse
A Girard estates is a renowned real estate on Philadelphia. It offers comfortable and modern residences. And the simple yet modern basement bathroom is captivating.
Hint: Install the tiles diagonally to make the bathroom looks larger than it really is.
- Small bathroom means spending less time in cleaning the bathroom up.
- You will have a limited movement.
Basement Bathroom Ideas : Ecologia Montreal
Ecologia Montreal will give a different touch to your basement bathroom. It will be like a Japanese spa with a quite large bed with partial wall that separates the bed and the toilet.
The bath tub and vanity table is not separated from the bed. You can even look at your bed when you are soaking in the bath tub.
Hint: As woods are prone to be damp, you can remodel the flooring using wood-like porcelain tiles. They do in a pinch.
- The bathroom looks spacious and elegant as it is merged with the bedroom.
- It is less cozy.
- It is not private at all as there is no door nor wall that separates the bathtub and the bed.
Finished Basement Malvern, West Chester
Painting your bathroom in blue? Why not? The pale blue hits it off with the dark brown of the vanity table providing a simple yet elegant look.
Hint: Consider remodelling it with larger-sized light-colored tiles that make your bathroom look spacious.
- Fewer ornaments make the bathroom less expensive.
- It is somewhat tedious.
Basement Bathroom Ideas : Venice Canals
Venice Canals is a great place to spend leisure time. It provides a calm and romantic mood. You can bring the same ambience in your bathroom.
Instead of installing tiles in the shower room, you can avail yourself of the sparkling of mosaic tiles. Although it denotes modernity, the mosaic tiles also get along well with the dark brown wooden tiles.
Hint: To make the mosaic tiles look flawless in your bathroom, you need to tint the grout.
- Spacious bathroom enables you to move better.
- It will be take more time to install smaller tiles like mosaic tiles and tint the grout.
Guest Bath New Building
As a host, you need to ensure the comfort of your guest including the bathroom guest. If you are going to add a new basement bathroom for your guest, this cozy bathroom will do in a pinch.
Hint: tint the grout between the mosaic tiles to cover the flawed look.
- It saves more space.
- Your movements will be limited.
Armadale Project – Basement Bathroom & Laundry Room
Have you made up your mind whether to build a laundry room or a bathroom in your basement? Why don’t you build both?
Hint: To make it less cramped, you can build some wall mounted racks to store detergent and toiletries.
- Having one room functioning as bathroom as well as laundry room is a brilliant idea to save more space.
- It enables you to clean up while doing the laundry.
- You can’t use the bathroom immediately if somebody is using it for doing the laundry.
Industrial Chic Basement
Industrial style is always about rough metal, well-worn wood and etched glass. It provides a distinctive look that can impress anyone who sees it.
Hint: Unfinished brick walls can kick your industrial style bathroom up a notch.
- It provides a distinctive look.
- Some of the accessories can be exorbitant.
Basement Bathroom Ideas : Italian Cellar
Italian bathroom will never fail to provide an exquisite look with its bold color and artistic accessories.
Hint: using mosaic touch will be great.
- It provides an ultimate comfort when you are using your bathroom.
- It might burn a hole in your pocket.
Lodge – Contemporary Master Bathroom
Contemporary design is one of the most versatile design of a bathroom. This bathroom provides the sense of nature in a contemporary touch. The marble sink fits the dark brown vanity very well.
Hint: Use light brown porcelain tiles for a better look.
- Lingering over bath time is such a pleasant thing.
- The marble bench inside the shower room can be pricey.
Basement Bathroom Ideas : Lower Degree Resort
The minimalist design with a huge charm is the concept of the bathrooms in many resorts. It really makes you feel comfortable.
Hint: Use soothing colors for the interior and satin touch for the wall to make your bathroom look classy.
- You will feel comfortable when it comes to using bathroom for nature calls.
- The furniture can be costly.
Metro Standard Bathroom – Traditional
Being traditional isn’t always outdated. With the classic look of metro tiles, a standard bathroom will look more fabulous.
Hint: you may want to make a mounted rack for storing things. It is very useful for a bathroom with limited space.
- It is quite affordable.
- You might not want to linger for more time due to the limited space.
Basement Bathroom Ideas : Tine Halseth Vuorma
Mediterranean style always looks stunning in a classic way. Now you can have this artistic wooden-like style in your bathroom.
Hint: Add ornamental tiles right on the middle of the bathroom or on the walls for a better Mediterranean look.
- Mediterranean style bathroom is very impressive.
- The accessories can be expensive.
Basement Bathroom Ideas : Toronto Cellar Bath
White is one of the most ubiquitous colors. Despite being widely-used, this bathroom style is still everyone’s favorite.
Hint: Light colors can make a cramped bathroom look more spacious. Thus, it will be better if you purchase furniture with light colors for your bathroom.
- It is quite affordable.
- There’s not enough space to move freely.
Those are the greatest basement bathroom ideas that you can try for your new bathroom. You might be overwhelmed by those nice ideas and end up being hyped up. The best basement bathroom idea is the one that suits your style and budget very well.