Top 20+ Metal Barndominium Floor Plans For Your Dream Home – Many people dream of a nice place to live in. Have you ever imagined how it feels to live in a barn? Well, this livable barn is called barndominium, a fusion of a barn and a condominium, which has been a hit now. If you are going to build a barndominium, you need to design it first. And these 15 best barndominium floor plans are great ideas to begin with.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Things That You Can Do With A Barndominium
- 2 Building A Barndominium
- 3 Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.1 1 Bedroom and 1 Bathroom Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.2 Barndominium Floor Plans 1 Bed, 1 Bath
- 3.3 2 Bedrooms and 1 Bathroom Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.4 Brandominium Floor Plan 2 bed, 1 bath – 30’x30′ 900 sq. ft.
- 3.5 2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.6 Barndominium Floor Plans 2 Bed, 2 Bath
- 3.7 Barndominium Floor Plans 3 Bed, 1 Bath – 30’x40′ 1200 sq. ft.
- 3.8 3 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.9 Barndominium Floor Plans 3 Bed, 2 Bath
- 3.10 4 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.11 Barndominium Floor Plans 4 Bed, 2 Bath
- 3.12 5 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.13 Barndominium Floor Plans 5 bed, 2 bath – 40’x60′ 2400 sq. ft.
- 3.14 5 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
- 3.15 Barndominium Floor Plans 5 Bed, 3 Bath – 50’x60′ 3000 sq. ft.
- 3.16 Share this:
- 3.17 Related
Things That You Can Do With A Barndominium
There are many things that you can do with a barndominium─ a garage, a recreation room, meeting room, dining room, you name it. It has the same functions as the other houses despite the name indicating what it was used for.
In addition to functioning just exactly the same as any other houses, you can use a barndominium to run a business like running a shop or a cozy restaurant. It is such a versatile building, isn’t it?
|It is durable||Building a barndominium spends more money than building the usual houses since you will need metal and more screws|
|It provides a distinctive look||It is prone to molds because barns usually have poor insulation so that it holds back molds|
Building A Barndominium
Having a barndominium is a good idea. But building it is not a doddle. It really is arduous. But it is worth-trying, though, because you will be amazed by the final result of your barndominium.
The first thing that you need to consider is pouring a foundation. If you are planning to remodel an old barn, you will need to get rid of the dirty floors by raising it a few inches off the ground. It will entail lifting jacks and doing some other complicated work. Then, you begin pouring cement as the foundation.
After that, you might need to rebuild the frames because some of them might warp. There is no other way but replacing them with the new ones for your safety and comfort especially if you want to build a two-story house.
Then, you need to consider replacing the roof with the new one as most barn’s roof are not as sturdy as a house’ roof. Thus you need to replace it so that the roof can protect you from leaking and freezing due to low temperature.
After that, you have to install the most crucial things of all if you are planning to dwell in a barndominium. They are plumbing, electricity and HVAC. You might also want to insulate the walls to prevent electricity and heat from passing through.
And, finally, the most exhilarating thing is the finished interior and exterior work. Your creativity and taste of style will be tested. And it is really exciting since you can explore any creative ideas that you have on your mind.
- The construction process does not take a long time.
- It is flexible and easily expandable.
- A barndominium is more energy-efficient because insulation helps it maintain the appropriate temperature.
- You’d better avoid living in a barndominium if you are allergic to metal finished.
- Building a barndominium might burn a hole in your pocket as it needs more screws and the materials are exorbitant.
Barndominium Floor Plans
This is also an important thing that you need to consider before building a barndominium. The floor plans. Take a look at these 15 floor plans so that you will figure out what you want the barndominium to be.
1 Bedroom and 1 Bathroom Barndominium Floor Plans
This barndominium floor plan is the simplest one of all. It only comprises 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom and some other must-have rooms such as kitchen, living room and a dining room. All the things that you need to build a home is right here.
Since there is only 1 bathroom meaning that it is used by all the people who live there, it will be a good idea to separate it from the closet as you can see in the picture.
- Since it only consists of 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, it will not make you broke.
- There is no enough space for a guest to sleep over.
Barndominium Floor Plans 1 Bed, 1 Bath
Another affordable floor plan for your barndominium. A barndominium consisting of 1 bed and 1 bath will do in a pinch. At least, you still have all the must-have rooms to to meet the standard of a house. It is cozy and comfortable. It is very suitable for an unmarried man/woman or a newly married couple who haven’t got any
- It is quite affordable.
- There is not any enough space for a guest to sleep over.
2 Bedrooms and 1 Bathroom Barndominium Floor Plans
This is a much friendly barndominium since it has 2 bedrooms. Now you can invite your friend orparents to come over for dinner and, perhaps, sleep over. It is not a huge barndominium, but it does have all the things that you need to dwell in it.
- It is very suitable for those who want to have nest-egg.
- The materials are expensive.
Brandominium Floor Plan 2 bed, 1 bath – 30’x30′ 900 sq. ft.
This is the solution if you have a-30’x30′ for your barndominium. It is not a huge one, but it is a nice floor plan that you should try.
This barndominium has already had 2 bedrooms. You can use one of the bedroom to invite your friends to sleep over.
- The bathroom is placednext to the master room making you are ready when the nature calls.
- It feels less private.
2 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
This barndominium is suitable for a little family consisting parents and a kid. It is comfortable, spacious and provides ultimate privacy by providing a bathroom in each bedroom. It will enable either you or your guests or kid to go to the bathroom when nature calls. Finally, you can experience a soothing bath time without queuing.
- Everyone can access the bathroom in their convenience.
- More spacious barndominium means more money to spend.
Barndominium Floor Plans 2 Bed, 2 Bath
This is another barndominium with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I like the wayone of the bathrooms is placed near the family room. And there is also a washroom. The huge family room enables you to make your imagination come true.
- It enables you to explore your creativity due to the large size.
- It can be costly.
Barndominium Floor Plans 3 Bed, 1 Bath – 30’x40′ 1200 sq. ft.
If you have got two kids, you are going to need more bedrooms as they might not want to share rooms. You can try this barndominium floor plan. It has 3 separate bedrooms with only 1 bathroom. The bathroom is placed separately from either rooms.
- Spacious barndominium enables you to move comfortably.
- The more spaciousthe barn is, the more expensive it will.
3 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
Having only one bathroom is not enough for you? Yeah, I know it is a bit annoying when you have to queue for the bathroom. If that’s the problem, I think you should build 2 bathrooms.
- No more queuing for bathroom.
- It can be costly.
Barndominium Floor Plans 3 Bed, 2 Bath
Having 2 bathrooms is not a bad idea. It might be costly, but it is necessary. You can’t just let everyone use the bathroom inside your bedroom, can you? Besides, your barndominium has enough space to have 2 bathrooms.
- It allows the guests to use the bathroom freely without compromising your privacy.
- Building a new bathroom spends more money.
4 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
If you are going to dwell in a barndominium for a long time, or even forever, the barndominium must be equipped with sufficient rooms and fully furnished. Therefore, building 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms is something you need to do.
- Well equipped and fully furnished barndominium will make you feel homey.
- To get it finished needs a lot of money.
Barndominium Floor Plans 4 Bed, 2 Bath
It is such a luxurious and comfortable barndominium. In addition to having 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, it is equipped with washroom, pantry, family room, and even mudroom.
- You will get an ultimate comfort.
- It must be very expensive.
5 Bedrooms and 2 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
With 5 bedrooms in your barndominium, you can invite your friends and relatives to stay in your barndominium and catch up. It will be a nice moment when two old friends meet and share their stories in such a distinctive house.Pro:
- You will impress your friends and relatives with the interior design.
- This barndominium can burn a hole in your pocket.
Barndominium Floor Plans 5 bed, 2 bath – 40’x60′ 2400 sq. ft.
Living in a safe and comfortable place is everybody’s dream. To make it come true is your choice. This barndominium can be super comfy with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. And you still get all you need such as living room, dining room, and kitchen.
- It is really comfortable.
- It must be exorbitant.
5 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms Barndominium Floor Plans
Fully furnished and fully equipped barndominium will be an exquisite place to live in. There is nothing more important but being comfortable.
- The ultimate comfort in a barndominium is not pie in the sky anymore.
- It will need a lot of work and money.
Barndominium Floor Plans 5 Bed, 3 Bath – 50’x60′ 3000 sq. ft.
With more people live in your barndominium and 5 bedrooms in it, having 3 bathrooms is a must because bathrooms are one of the must-have rooms in a house so that you can feel homey.
- This design will definitely make you feel homey.
- Fully equipped barndominium costs sky high.
Those are 15 best barndominium floor plans that you need to consider before building a barndominium. Every floor plan has its own benefits and drawbacks. You need to consider what you need and want. And the most important thing is the available budget.